On behalf of everyone involved with The Salem Initiative, we would like to sincerely thank everyone for attending the launch meeting on November 7. By all measures, the meeting turned out to be a great success, drawing nearly 90 people and generating hundreds of ideas.
The meeting served as a fantastic and positive beginning of many years of working together, finding common ground for the common good. At the meeting, we broke out into several interest groups and began first steps of forming ideas to improve the community. We also announced our photo contest and scholarship — two of our first projects. For more information, please check out the links below.
We are also currently working on making the highlights of the meeting available on our website, thesaleminitiative.com. Stay tuned.
What else have we been up to since the meeting? We’re:
• Synthesizing all the ideas attendees brainstormed at the launch meeting
• Researching ways we can structure our organization for maximum impact
• Developing our mission statement
• Holding weekly young (and young at heart) professionals meetings at Spring Creek Golf Club
(If interested, contact Alex Sellers(firstname.lastname@example.org) to get the most up to date information)
• Taking first steps in officially forming our 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
• Organizing first meetings for interest groups
After our first interest group meetings, we’ll have another full meeting and we’re planning this for after the holidays. If you didn’t get a chance to sign up for any interest groups or if you’d like to help in other ways, please email email@example.com and we can add your name to the communications list. The interest groups are:
• Commercial / Industrial / Entrepreneurship
• Tourism and Events
• Attracting / Retaining Residents
• Arts and Creative
• Fundraising and Strategy
• Area Beautification & Improvement
There is much work to do, and we believe it can only be done with a united community. We are excited for you to join us.!